Thursday, January 13, 2011

If you can't get to Hawaii...just follow Hawaiian rules at home!


It seems that so many of the families at my studio are still in Hawaii...
or just returning from Hawaii...
and it's been a reeaaalllly long time since I've been to Hawaii!
I'm beginning to feel like I might be missing out on something.
So...I'll try on the Hawaiian rules to imagine what I might feel like if I were there.

Hawaiian Rules
  • Never judge a day by the weather.
  • The best things in life aren’t things.
  • Tell the truth – there’s less to remember.
  • Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
  • Goals are deceptive – the unaimed arrow never misses.
  • He who dies with the most toys – still dies.
  • There are 2 ways to be rich – work more or desire less.
  • Beauty is internal – looks mean nothing.
  • No rain – no rainbows. 

You'll hear the wonderful youtube video of Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole.  

We ended the 1 & 2 year old class this morning listening to Israel.  
The babies were relaxing on beach towels while the parents were dragging them around the room snapping and bopping to Israel's uplifting music. 
It was wonderful.

(...and tomorrow I'm going to wear a loud shirt!) 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments welcome

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...