Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Love the bugs! (part 1)

Love the bugs! (clap, clap)
Love the bugs! (clap, clap)
If you wanna celebrate
Earth Day, don't wait!
Love the bugs! (clap, clap)
Love the bugs! (clap, clap)

This little ditty is new to my studio this year.
I'll share how we end up using this little chant with the various ages.  

So far...

Ages 3-1/2 to 7
  1. Prepare a chart...I've included mine above. 
  2. Chant and clap the clapping parts to learn the words.
  3. Brainstorm some of the ways we can think of to take care of the Earth and celebrate Earth Day.
  4. Chant and clap the new ideas.  
  5. Last week a little girl said, "Turn off the lights" clap, clap  and a little boy said,"Save your water" clap, clap.  There were more wonderful suggestions and we incorporated them all into this Earth Day rhyme.  
  6. Find some percussion instruments to play in the clapping parts.  Last week we used sticks and shakers.  
  7. This week we are planning to sing the tune and play the claps on drums and with the Orff Orchestra.  I'll let you know how it goes.  
If you'd like to hear the rhythm & melody, send me an email and I'll send you another one of my simple mp3's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...