Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Musical Chairs...for real...

Moka sitting on one of the old chairs at Musicalia before it was rejuvenated!  You can't tell how rickety it is from the picture...but the parents at Musicalia were beginning to make comments this spring...:)

I'm back!
I'm back at my studio after a few weeks away.  I have enjoyed three weeks in Salzburg, Austria and three weeks just relaxing.  It's been a restorative summer for me...

...and also for two of the chairs at Musicalia!


One of the projects I had initiated before I left for Salzburg, was to have the two chairs in my waiting room/entrance repaired.   My mom had them in storage and a couple of years ago she gave them to me to use at the studio.  They were in pretty rough shape though, ready to fall apart this year...and while they had a funky, antique, old brown look...they didn't really match the decor in my studio entrance.


Musicalia entrance...with the old chairs.  Love the carved lyre-backs...

So, I called Doug Zarry at Heirloom Restoration in Victoria, BC, who picked them up and worked his magic. 

Here is what they look like NOW!

Doug made the chairs sturdy enough for little guys to climb on (they definitely needed some reinforcement) and then painted and sealed them for easy cleaning...and now they match the decor!




A match made in heaven...my garage sale table painted green lookin'  sweet with the refinished chairs.




Originally, I planned to cover the seat cushions in something more adult-like but then I found this very sweet fabric.  Who could resist...musical ladybugs and butterflies reading musical notebooks?!


It's always something...
When you have your own studio there's always something non-musical to take care of as I mentioned in this post last spring.  I think I'm done my studio upkeep until Christmas though...it's time to start planning my classes and preparing fun musical games for the children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...