Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! (to those of us in Canada)

It's Thanksgiving holiday in Canada this weekend.  We're relaxing and counting our blessings and watching nature turn into a flamboyant lady full of swirling dances of color.  Wow!

I have so many blessings and much to give thanks for.  

During this Thanksgiving I am reminded of the gratitude I feel for...
...my life with my wonderful husband,
...for the loving attention of my family,
...for my work with children and 
...for the opportunities my gifts in music and dance have given me throughout my life.  


I am grateful for my family and especially knowing that my Baba is still with us.  Each day is truly a gift in her life as her time with us really is a day to day blessing.  We are exquisitely aware that my grandmother's time with us at 97 years of age will come to an end sooner than any of us would like.

We love you, Baba!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well! How wonderful that you can count your blessings. We all have them if we will just look around. And how incedible that your grandmother has made it to 97!

    I don't know if you eat turkey like we do in the U.S., but here is a turkey song if you do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okfr1ELbkzU

    Wishing you a song in your heart,
    Miss Leslie @ Music with Miss Leslie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miss Leslie! We do eat turkey here but not everyone does. There is a fun round by Elizabeth Gilpatrick titled, Turkeys United.

    It's a song about turkeys uniting and trying to convince people to order a pizza with sausage and cheese or chew on some succulent carrots and peas.
    Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...